- Omni Shoreham Hotel
- Oct 21, 2018 - Oct 23, 2018
IECON is the flagship annual conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES), focusing on industrial and manufacturing theory and applications of controls, communications, instrumentation, electronics, and computational intelligence.
On behalf of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, we warmly welcome all of you to IECON 2018, October 21-23, 2018 in the historic Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington D.C., USA.
This year’s IECON is brings a selection of over 1,000 papers, a record-breaking number of papers and attendees of all IECON conferences held in U.S. Papers were topically accepted through 15 technical tracks and 60 special sessions.
A plethora of activities include keynotes, tutorials, panels, and number of one or several day activities.
- Women in Engineering (Monday, Oct.22)
- Why should you be interested in Smart Buildings?
We are also pleased to host one or several day activities:
- Industry Forum 2018 featuring 7 talks from prominent industry leaders
- The 2nd IES Women in Engineering Forum featuring speakers from the ranks of world top women professionals
- Students and Young Professionals featuring number of attractive talks and plenaries
- Standard activities with 4 working group meetings
- The 1st IES INTEROP 1451, IEEE 1451 Standards Plugfest
Carefully selected tutorials this year address cyber-physical energy systems, controls of power electronics systems, and model predictive control of power electronic converters.
- Three tutorials on energy, power, and converter systems
The keynote this year featured:
- Future Electronic Energy System by Dr. Dushan Boroyevich, FIEEE (Oct.21)
- Cyber Security Considerations for Today’s Industrial Control Systems, Susan K (Kathy) Land, FIEEE (Oct.22)
IECON 2018 attendees are invited to network at variety of social events, including the welcome reception (Saturday, Oct. 20), Banquet (Monday, Oct. 22), and morning and afternoon coffee/tea breaks, and lunches.
The venue is a legend in its own right, historic Omni Shoreham Hotel DC, a luxury hotel that has been hosting presidents and world leaders for over 90 years. Attendees will be able to enjoy the banquet dinner where every U.S. President from Franklin D. Roosevelt to Barack Obama held their inaugural balls. You will be able to wonder through the hallways and recognize the set of movies with actors from Julia Roberts to Kevin Costner.
Washington D.C. also offers world unique selection of 17 world-class Smithsonian museums (free access). At night, you can enjoy the lights of Lincoln Memorial, take a stroll by the White House, or catch a show at The John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts.
We would like to thank numerous volunteers and sponsors that have made IECON 2018 a unique experience to attendees.